Best Coolers Made in USA: If you are someone who loves to go on camping, fishing or fun outdoor adventures, having a durable and reliable cooler with you at all times is a must have.
These coolers are specifically designed to fit the American lifestyle, with not just top-notch quality but also travel-friendly.
After all, if you’re looking to buy a Cooler that fits your needs, why not get one from a home-grown made in USA brand? Your search for the best all-American Coolers end here!
We have compiled a detailed list of the top 6 best coolers made in USA. All of these have been rated highly by customers and greatly loved by everyone who uses them, including us!
Also check out our expert guide on the Best Fishing Coolers to Buy in 2023!
Best Coolers Made in USA
These are some of the best coolers made in USA
- Igloo BMX 52 QT Cooler
- Orca 40-Quart Insulated Hard Cooler
- Bison 25 Quart Cooler
- Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler
- Pelican 70 Quart Elite Cooler
- Grizzly 20 Cooler
Igloo Coolers have been in the American market since 1947 and they are known to cater to the needs of the everyday-American man, not just the rich ones.
The Igloo BMX 52 QT Cooler is known for its thick, highly insulated walls, which ensures that it keeps the ice intact for days on end.
It also comes with high-quality grips, which eliminates any chances of slipping and damaging the cooler.
- Enabled with T-Latches
- Blow-Molded Technology
- The Hardware is completely made of Stainless Steel
- Cool-Riser Technology
If you’re looking for a medium-capacity Cooler, the Orca 40 Quart Insulated Cooler is your best bet.
Its sturdy construction & extremely high built-quality ensures that you can use it for multiple years.
It doesn’t come quipped by an internal dry-basket, but its spacious external mesh pockets makes up for it without any hassle.
It is an excellent choice if you’re in the market for a mid-range, good quality, all-American brand.
- Roto-Molded Construction
- Easy to use Drain Spout
- Cargo Net for Additional Storage
- Certified Bear-Proof
- High-Quality Built
Bison Coolers, previously known as “Brute Coolers” are the ultimate brand if you’re looking for a brand that is not just made by Americans, but also designed Coolers that cater to the American public specifically.
The Bison 25 Quart Cooler is a hard-sided Cooler which is comparatively smaller than the other coolers listed in this article.
This makes it very compact & easy to carry around. Bison Coolerd are also highly customizable, and the customer can decide how they want their Cooler to look..
- Durable & roto-molded construction.
- Thick pressure-injected insulated walls which guarantees maximum ice retention
- Double-wall silicone gasket for a tight-seal.
- Oversized anti-skid rubber feet.
Looking for a Cooler that is the more eco-friendly option? If yes, the Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler is the perfect pick for you.
Made with 15% less plastic than other coolers in it’s price range, this Cooler is not just built to be effective but also has a premium feel to it.
It is also extremely affordable, especially for the set of features that it posesses.
- Fully insulated lid and body
- Made with 15% less plastic when compared to other Coleman coolers.
- Tethered drainplug to prevent leaks.
- Strong grip to reduce chances of submitting sublet.
Pelican has always been a hit in the American market, and all for the right reasons! Pelican Coolers are known for their sturdy & durable built quality, and people who have used the Pelican 70 Quart Elite Cooler can vouch for this.
The Cooler comes with must-have features like amazing ice retention & a strong grip & latch.
It also comes with handy features like cup holders & built-in bottle openers, to make your next trip a fun one with zero hassles.
- Extreme ice retention
- Press & Pull Latches
- Integrated Cup Holders
- Built-in Bottle Opener
- Non-Skid & Non-Marking Raised Feet
- Molded-In Lock Hasp, Stainless Steel Plate
- Guaranteed for life
Grizzly Cooler have always been one of the best in the market when it comes to hard-shelled Coolers, and the Grizzly 20 Cooler is no different!
The Grizzly 20 Cooler is designed specifically to be travel-friendly. Its size makes it spacious enough to store all your essentials in, while also being compact enough to carry to all your adventures.
It has a stainless steel handlehandle with a foam grip, which makes it the ideal Cooler to carry through all weathers, be it rainy, stormy, or sunny, without any fear of it slipping or you dropping it.
- Rotomolded: The Grizzly 20 Cooler is Rotationally-Molded LLDPE Plastic, which gives its interiors equal width on all sides & makes it extremely durable.
- IGBC Certified: All Grizzly Coolers are IGBC Coolers.
- Integrared Hinge: The Hinge is designed and made with a great interlocking system, making it even more safe & secure.
- Bearclaw Latch: A Grizzly exclusive, the bearclaw latches are designed & added especially to help you keep a strong grip on your Coolers at all times.
- Dry-Ice Compatibility: This Cooler is a compatible with Day Ice
Factors to Consider While Buying a USA Made Cooler
It is no secret that Coolers are expensive and quite literally, an investment.
If you’re someone who goes for outdoor adventures a lot and know that you’ll be using your Cooler often, we suggest buying a hard-walled Cooler.
It is more expensive, but more durable in the long run.
Coolers come in all shapes and sizes. Before buying one, make sure you make a mental list of all the things you’re likely to carry on your trips, and buy a cooler based on whether or not it can accommodate all of your belongings.
Because Coolers are so expensive, people usually plan to get a good-quality one that will last them several years.
To ensure this, take note of all the materials that your Cooler is made out of, and also research about other customers’ experiences before investing in a cooler!
The most important aspect of a Cooler is its ability to keep ice and other food cold and frozen. Before buying a cooler, make sure you read up on its materials, to check that it provides maximum insulation.
Also check the reliability of the brand to ensure that not only is the Cooler insulated well, but also that it safe to store your food items in over the long run.
Pros of Buying Coolers Made in USA
There are some pros of buying an American Cooler. Few of them are:
- Coolers made in USA are specifically designed for the American lifestyle, and this, most likely to meet your needs.
- When you buy a American Cooler, you’re supporting a local, home-grown business, and supporting your country’s economy.
- Buying from made in USA brands means creating new job opportunities for your countrymen.
Cons of Buying Coolers Made in USA
However, buying coolers Made in America also comes with few cons, like:
- American Coolers can be expensive when compared to Coolers from foreign companies, which is why people often end up buying coolers from foreign brands.
- There are foreign companies which offer higher quality Coolers, which is another reason why Americans deviate from buying Coolers made in USA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Andrew likes to call himself a ninja of the fishing world! He went on his first fishing trip when he was just 7. That’s when he fell in love with fishing. Apart from fishing, Andrew is searching for new gear and ways to fish better. Thus, making fishing simple!